Saturday, July 2, 2011

My name is Jordan, and these are the people who named me

There is no reason for this blog, what so ever. My incredibly witty and intelligent aunt is an avid blogger, and I really enjoy looking at hers. Summer seems like a perfect time to do that. It is just another thing to add to the list of things to get in my way of actually doing something productive.

I want to talk about myself and people in general. The decisions I am going to be forced into making this next year and the reason behind them. I want to touch on how I got where I am and where I am going to go from here. This is blog is public, but very personal in a lot of ways.

I could create a list of a hundred things I want to talk about on here, but it would all go back to the reason I am aloud to talk about them. I speak freely because someone bigger than all humans, died for us. You may read my posts and think, she is such a good person. But I am not a good person. I am sinful just like you, and praise the Lord that someone saved us from that.

I have learned more in the last 365 days than I learned in the 16 years before that. It has been a humbling and beautiful experience. My first few posts will just tell you about me and all of the blessings that have got my to this point. Then I will trudge through my senior year, trying to make it as humorous and exiting as possible.

I have a mom and a dad, they are divorced, and have been since I was 2. I also have a step mom.

                                                    Hilton Head 2009

My father- Mike is a man of many words. He gives his opinion even when I don't want it. Like me, he is a planner. And always thinking about the future. I have found for this to be a good and bad thing. My dad is always on my side and has gotten me through high school. I want my husband to be a lot like my dad, as wierd as that may sound.

My step mother- When anyone asks about my parents, I make sure it is known that I have 3. And out of those three, I am probably closest to Erika. She has been such a blessing to me throughout my whole life. Although I have just this past year started to realize it. I want to be the kind of mother that she is to me and my little brother Ryan.

My siblings deserve an entry of there own. So that is another post for another day.


Carnival Cruise 2011
My mother- Bridget Laufman and I have been through a lot these past 17 years. We are incredibly different and incredibly alike at the same time. I value her opinion and love more than she knows. We have been working on tolerance of each other and figuring out the respect that comes with living with someone. At the end of the day, she means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment