Monday, July 4, 2011

Proverbs 17:17

I have some insanely beautiful people in my life...


Emma Jane Reed is the most selfless person I have ever met. It is never about her, and I doubt it ever will be. I live about two and a half steps away from her, which has been such a blessing. Through my rollar coaster of the end of junior year, I don't know what I would have done without her. I have never had such a real relationship with someone. I can say anything to her, and I know she will at least try to understand where I am coming from, even if I am being completely irrational. Which is the case sometimes. Our fights last twenty minutes because we are really good at figuring stuff out together. She wants to be a teacher, and she will be amazing. Jesus has used this her through about 12 freshman girls this year. Each one of them as thankful for her as I am. Soooo, thank you Emmy, for teaching me what not living for myself looks like. And for making me feel super welcome in your home.



Cara Grace Deaton was the only person who would take the risk of being my best friend after a somewhat rough sophmore year. I was a mean, hateful, untrustworthy 16 year old, and she loved me through it all. Countless times, we have called each other crying and had to jump in our cars to the others rescue. This year I have realized, that's is what friendship is. We don't have to talk everyday, but she would drop anything for me, anytime. I can't wait to grow in Jesus with her. Sooo, thank you Currra, for being my best friend, and never letting me give up on being a Christian, and picking me up at midnight with unhealthy food to comfort me.



Lindsay Nicole Sper was a fellow sea otter in 6th grade. From 6th grade until 10th grade we hung out with the same people and made the same mistakes. We did what we thought was going to find us happiness and we thought we were living life to the full. As soon as we realized that this wasn't the life we wanted, we both broke off from the comfortable group we had since 6th grade. We both took different routes, but we have remained best friends. She is the strongest person I have yet to meet and doesn't deserve half of what she has had to go through. We can not hang out for two months, and when we do, nothing changes. I can't wait to be best friends with her for the rest of my life. Sooo, thank you Linds, for showing me what strength is, and being my rock through all of the changes and mistakes we have made over the years.

Katherine Joy Derickson and I have known each other for less than a year. So, her being on this list is unusual, well not really. I have come into contact with a lot of people in my life, and none like her. She got placed as a Fairfield Young Life leader in the middle of my junior year and we have been great friends since that day. She has been a comforter, a leader, a gospel teller, a fellow blogger, a harsh truth giver, a decipler, and a best friend. My junior year wouldn't have been one of my biggest growing times without her. Sooo, thank you Katie, for showing me Jesus everytime I am with you and picking up the phone everytime I call with a question and being one of the best friends I have ever had.

Alyssa Renee Volk and Audrey Grace Barrett became two of my best friends this year. I think we all went into the frienship not knowing what to expect, and it has been so incredible. They may be two years younger than me, but they have taught me so much about myself and Jesus. They are two of the most mature and loving people I have ever met. I am terrified to leave them in a year, and I think about it everyday. But they will be so strong and amazing. Sooo, thank you Lys and Aud for being amazing friends, and for not being scared to leave things behind and focus on Jesus. You have inspired me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment